REPUBLIC OF SOMALILAND
MINISTRY OF FINANCE DEVELOPMENT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Republic of Somaliland
Name of the Project: Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Capacity Strengthening Project
Project ID: P151492, TF#: TF-A0389
Assignment Title: SAI Legal Expert
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Deadline: 02nd November, at 4:00 PM (Hargeisa Time)
The Government of Somaliland has received Additional Financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project. The overall project development objective (PDO) is to ‘strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in Somaliland.
The GoSL therefore wishes to use part of the funds allocated under the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project to pay for the services requested in this Terms of Reference.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities
SAI Legal Expert will be responsible for the following: (a) Drafting of necessary regulations, legal procedures manuals, and review of draft audit manuals for compliance with the legal, regulatory and Constitutional framework; (b) Provision of legal advice and counseling to the Auditor General where required; (c) Assisting the Auditor General on the litigation of criminal cases, gathering of evidence and taking necessary steps to ensure that the cases are strongly supported by well-documented evidence and ensuring that all necessary legal steps were followed; (d) he/she will perform other services detailed in the TOR.
- Selection Criteria
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- B (Hon’s) or equivalent from any recognized University. LL.M degree will be an addended advantage.
Experience and Skills
- At least ten (10) years working experience in the field of Law.
- Proven knowledge of and experience in the drafting and/ or revision of legislation.
- Experience in Somaliland context or similar other countries.
- Proven working experience with Government and International Agencies.
- Experience in development of Manuals, good understanding of Somaliland PFM system;
- Experience in training and capacity building of local staff
- Experience in training and capacity building in Government staff;
- Fluent in English oral & writing;
- Duration of the Assignment
The duration for the assignment is 12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Finance now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR will be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application in person or by e-mail to the address below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.somalilandpfm.org or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below from 8:30 to 16:00 pm Hargeisa time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 02nd November 2019 at 4:00 pm (Hargeisa Time) – marked clearly as – SAI Legal Expert.
Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit,
Ministry of Finance, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Republic of Somaliland, Opposite of Ministry of Higher Education and Science
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com.